Founded in 1991 by a group of moonlighting Kodak technicians, working in what was formerly a barn, Optimax is the largest manufacturer of prototype optics in the U.S. Optimax’s 60,000 square-foot manufacturing facility, located in Ontario, New York, includes 30 different manufacturing cells producing optics in a range of shapes and sizes. Optimax strives to make optics faster, more cost-effective, and of higher precision, which requires a highly-trained and engaged workforce. Optimax hires creative and motivated individuals and then shapes their performance by:
- Empowering individuals and teams to make decisions,
- Investing in continuous learning and career development,
- Sharing information broadly throughout the company,
- Rewarding success through generous profit-sharing, and
- Providing opportunities to work on innovative projects that benefit humankind.