Today marks the beginning of National Apprenticeship Week (November 12-18, 2018)! Apprenticeship has evolved to fit the needs of the modern workforce. Earn while you learn programs thrive across the National Fund’s network of collaboratives and partners because they benefit employees and employers alike. We are celebrating the week by highlighting how apprenticeships prepare American workers for the jobs of today and the future.
Is modern apprenticeship helping to prepare your workforce? We want to highlight how apprenticeships prepare American workers for the jobs of today and the future.
“Increasing the number of apprenticeships, provides more opportunities for people to gain the employable skills that quality jobs require,” said Dr. Pam Howze, program director for work-based learning at the National Fund. “The National Fund for Workforce Solutions is committed to ensuring opportunities and career pathways for sustainable employment are available, and we see apprenticeship a key component in many different fields, including healthcare, manufacturing, construction, I.T. and more.”
Apprenticeship Quick Facts
- More than 150,000 employers and labor management organizations benefit from apprenticeships.
- There are over 540,000 apprentices nationwide in more than 1,000 occupations.
- Nearly 9/10 apprentices are employed after completing their apprenticeship. Average starting salary: $60K+/year
- Workers who complete apprenticeship programs earn $300,000 more over a career than their peers who don’t.
- Apprentices earn while they learn, reducing their need to take on debt.
- For every dollar spent on apprenticeship, employers get approximately $1.50 ROI.
Please join us in recognizing and promoting apprenticeship opportunities this week. If you have a story to share, we want to hear about it!
Send your apprenticeship story to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or share them with us on social media:
Quick Facts Reference: https://www.dol.gov/apprenticeship/naw/