FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
350+ Business and Community Leaders Attending Workforce Leadership Convening
National business leaders, funders, workers, and workforce development practitioners will convene in Philadelphia, PA to address top workforce issues facing cities and states
Philadelphia, PA — The National Fund for Workforce Solutions‘ 2017 Leadership Convening will take place Thursday, June 15 to Friday, June 16 at the Loew’s Philadelphia Hotel.
With more than 350 business leaders, funders, workers, and workforce development practitioners registered to attend, the Leadership Convening will advance the conversation on workforce and job issues facing urban and rural communities across the country.
Plenaries will feature leading voices such as Vice President and Director of the Brookings Metropolitan Policy Project Amy Liu and President and CEO of Norton Healthcare Russell Cox.
Select workshops include:
- Implementing Apprenticeships in Healthcare
- Becoming More Competitive: Why Companies are Changing Business Practices
- How Employers Can Measure the Impact of Workforce Investments
- Re-Designing Jobs to Remain Competitive in Today’s Economy
- Hiring Individuals with Criminal Records: Strategies for Healthcare
- Advocating for Better State Workforce Policy
- How to Generate Ideas and Innovation from Frontline Workers
Organizations with planned speaking engagements at the Leadership Convening span a variety of industries and include:
- Prudential Group Insurance
- Cox Machine, INC.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- JPMorgan Chase
- Siemens Energy
Want to Learn More?
Please visit the Leadership Convening Website: https://nationalfund.org/attend-2017-leadership-convening-june-15-16-2017/